Sunday, January 5, 2014

My impressions of Witch Craft Works, Nobunaga the Fool, and Noragami.

Spoiler free!


These are 3 new titles this anime season, and i'm just going to give you my impression after the first episode.

TL;DR:

I like Noragami's first episode setup the best of the 3. Witch Craft Works isn't my cup of tea, but might be yours. Nobunaga the fool feels a bit confused, but could make out to be a great anime.



Nobunaga the Fool

Well, I read that this was a mech anime. And then the anime started and it looked like medieval times so I got very confused, however, suddenly I see them grab their swords and start mounting into the mechs, and I'm thinking, wow. That's some really cool and different mechs. I really don't get how they are in medieval-ish times, but have mechs. As far as the story setup, it was a bit hard to follow i'm not exactly sure where this anime is going to go. So I can't really tell you if it's going to be good yet. I can only tell you they haven't screwed it up yet. I'm going to give this one a few more episodes at least.


Witch Craft Works

This one is a bit strange to me so far. The action was really good, the characters seem pretty awesome, and it does give a bit of fan service it appears. I really like the background music, it's alot better that i've seen in most animes so far and I actually noticed it for once. I wish the enemies weren't all large robotic bunnies, but eh, it seems pretty cool. I think this anime has potential to decent. It does appear to be a bit of a humorous anime. I don't think this is my kind of anime, so I probably won't continue watching it.

Noragami

The animation in this one excluding the "phantoms" looks a bit better than average so far. The first minute got me interested pretty well. However, it quickly goes a bit downhill, going from extremely serious the first minute to almost making fun of itself the next two minutes. Then it took itself seriously again, and I felt right back to being absorbed in the story. So far it looks as though it's going to be a love story. I think i'm going to give this anime a few more episodes. It's got a pretty good start. This is probably the one I think that has the best potential out of the 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment