Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sword Art Online(SAO) Review

O.k. to start I going to say that this show does not need another season, but if they made one I would be happy. SAO had a good mix of comedy, action, drama, tragedy, and romance, but not really harem like some places tagged it as. To me I SAO felt like it was the best anime that I have seen for a few years.


Summary(From Wikipedia)

In the year 2022, the Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), Sword Art Online (SAO), is released. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.
On November 6, 2022, all the players log in for the first time, and subsequently discover that they are unable to log out. They are then informed by Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of SAO, that if they wish to be free, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if their avatars die in-game, their bodies will also die in the real world. The story follows Kirito, a skilled player who is determined to beat the game. As the game progresses for two years, Kirito eventually befriends a female player named Asuna with whom he eventually falls in love. After the duo discover the identity of Kayaba's avatar in SAO, they confront and defeat him, freeing themselves and the other players from the game.
Upon returning to the real world, Kirito learns that Asuna and a small group of SAO players has still not awakened yet. Following a clue about Asuna's whereabouts in another VRMMORPG called Alfheim Online (ALO), Kirito also logs in there. Kirito soon learns the trapped players in ALO are part of a plan devised by Nobuyuki Sugō to perform illegal experiments on their minds to put them under his control including Asuna, whom he intends to marry in the real world in order to take over her family's company. Helped by his sister Suguha, Kirito stops Nobuyuki's plans and finally reunites with Asuna in the real world.

Review:
If you haven't see SAO before then shame on you, it was quite the anime. The plot of the anime I believe stuck to the original novel pretty well. So if they really wanted to they could continue the story of Kirito and friends. If they didn't the end of the anime was a good ending too; it gave a very satisfactory ending. There never seemed to be a dull episode thinks always seemed to be happening. The action and adventure of this plot really is second to none. When they made this I believe that they had worked hard to make the plot interesting to keep the watcher hooked and they did a good job of it also.

Score:
So with all the series that I review I like to give them ratings on things that I saw in the anime. I rate it on the content, art, similarity to the original novel, voice actor quality, and just how much I liked it on a scale of 1 to10. Just as a note though I will probably be biased to the anime.

The content of the story I thought was very good. Even though it was amazing keeping me interested the whole time was easy. The action scenes were great, sad moments were sad, and happy very happy. I felt that connecting to the characters was easy also, I had the same emotions they had during the show. Especially at the end where Kirito was about to kill Nobuyuki Sugō I felt all that pain and hardship. 10.

The art style of the series was good it seemed to look like what the novels and manga offer. I thought it was really good, but I believe they could have made the characters sharper, I don't know. 9.

The similarities to both the novel and manga are close. It even showed the same side stories that Kirito had done. 9.5.

The voice acting for this was spot on. I felt that the choices for the voices were very good. They conveyed the emotions very well. 10.

Finally how much I liked it. I loved it. I really did love the series I would be happy if they ended it now or even if it had kept on going I really loved the series a lot and will probably re-watch it many times in the future. 10.

So if this doesn't so you how much I loved I gave it an overall score of a 9.87 out of 10. I really was biased huh?


So if you read this and haven't see the show I really encourage you to watch it, it's worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment