Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Zettai Karen Children(Absolutely Lovely Children)(Review)

Zettai Karen Children Plot:
In the future, people with ESP are becoming more widespread, requiring training to be able to use their power for constructive purposes. Unfortunately, there are also espers that abuse their powers and wield them to destructive ends. The Japanese government's solution to both challenges is the establishment of the Base of Backing ESP Laboratory (B.A.B.E.L.) for the purpose of appraising, identifying, nurturing, and protecting espers (even if that means apprehending them as if they were criminals). Five decades later, B.A.B.E.L. locates a trio of natural Level 7 (the maximum esper potency designation) espers within Japan, and assembles them into the special esper team known as "The Children". However, all three have developed questionable attitudes because of the persecution and ostracization caused by the ignorant fear of their powers. Still, the question now becomes whether Kaoru Akashi, Shiho Sannomiya, and Aoi Nogami can be refined into young ladies.

 Theses past few days I finished the 51 episodes and one OVA of Zettai Karen Children, Based on the manga this anime came out April 6, 2008 and ended March 29, 2009. Though I thought that I would hate it I gave it a try and boy was I glad. The anime had a good amount of comedy and seriousness to make you keep on watching it. It had a nice story though cut off short from the manga. But the manga is over 300 chapters right now so it's understandable. Though I have already given a plot I will go more in depth. 10 year old Kaoru Akashi, Shiho Sannomiya, and Aoi Nogami are power espers the highest level in Japan. They are taken care by a 20 some year old named Kōichi Minamoto he is their care taker and later on in the series the girls love interest. As the show goes on they save a bunch of people, defeat evil espers and fight the arch enemy through the whole series. They also have a lot of funny moments along the way.

I thought that this was an awesome series with fun moments that I could enjoy. I really liked the show but it did get dry closer to the end and the last episode was the only one execpt for the OVA that show the children as older teens. I wish there was another season the show their adventures. The OVA also hinted to another season but it doesn't seem to be happening.

I would rate this anime on a scale of 1 to 10 based on its content, art, closeness to the manga, and just how much I liked it.

Content I would give it an 8 for its interesting story but the story was moving slow and the end got kind of dry.
For the art I would give it a 6 because the art was not impressive it was good not impress.
The closeness to the manga I would give it a 8 because I have yet to read the manga but for the parts of the manga I have seen they seem close.
Last for just how much I liked it I would give it a 10 because even though it was a cut short series I still liked it, it gave me a good laugh.

The average combined score is a a 8 out of 10 for its content art, likability, and closeness to the manga. I hope that you people that read this will give it a chance and watch it.

Through the series



Last episode and OVA

No comments:

Post a Comment