Wednesday, March 6, 2013

School Days First Reactions

Last night I started watching School Days against my better judgment and to be honest...it wasn't horrible. It was a nice break from most anime I've been watching. It took a normal romance and corrupted it which isn't usually seen in anime. Plus as a bonus as a viewer I had a fun time imagining myself in Makoto's shoes thinking how I would have played my cards to keep all the girls loving me. It was also funny watching Makoto be a total dumbass as he ignored his girlfriend while cheating on another girl, if he was actually smart he could have had them both. As Makoto began making his descent toward the most hated character in an anime because you know the hatred you feel towards him will be expressed in the form of a...break up...yeah, break up works... basically Makoto gets his comeuppance and it is very satisfying. I may not have finished this anime and I know how it ends, but in my opinion that makes the whole series more enjoyable because I get to see how the characters become so messed up without hating the actions they take to get there. Basically I am enjoying this series so far because I'm not as attached to the charecters as someone who doesn't know about the ending. This may take away from the shock value of the ending but in my opinion knowing the ending and loosing shock value isn't all that bad in comparison to the enjoyment and satisfaction you get when you see Makoto making a jerk move, like "haha you jerk you're gonna get whats coming to you." So overall I don't see this as a horrible anime so far anyway, a full review will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment