Monday, March 25, 2013

Baccano! First Thoughts

Last Saturday I finally started watching Baccano! I made it through the first few episodes until I got pulled away (reluctantly) from my TV. I say reluctantly because I was enjoying it so much that I didn't want to stop. The main reason I enjoyed this anime is the unique way they present the story. They don't just stay with one main character, oh no, they have multiple characters who each have their own unique back stories. It doesn't end there though, not only is Baccano not limited to on character, it jumps across the timeline. The characters don't physically travel through time, but as viewers we travel back and forth across the timeline gathering bits and pieces of character background. This creates a unique way of storytelling that isn't often seen, ever. I like this very much because I am all about new and different concepts in anime, even if it doesn't work I still give the anime props for trying. Baccano does this very well by giving each character ample time to fold out in the past/future(as well as showing other plot developments) while showing how they interact in the main time. The characters are also awesome and deserve mention, but since I haven't seen all of it yet and I want to avoid accidental spoilers. The animation also deserves a mention because it is very well done, although it should be mentioned that this anime is very graphic and has a lot of gore. Because of the amount of gore I cannot recommend this for every one, but if you can stomach a "little" blood than I would highly recomend this to any anime fan who is looking for something new and awesome; plus the English dub is amazing. So yeah, why are you still here? Go watch Baccano!


No comments:

Post a Comment