Monday, February 11, 2013

Neon Genesis Evangelion 1.0 Review

Before watching this show I had heard lots of different things about this anime, it is awesome, it is crap, its a blueprint that all other anime follow, and that it is "art". So I had mixed feelings before going into this anime, so much in fact that it took me over two years to actually watch the show. Before I go on I want to emphasize the fact that this review about the movie, and only the first movie. Anyway, since I had heard so many different things about this anime I was very nervous going into it. As it turns out it seems that there is reason for so many different views about this anime since it has so many different ways of doing things. Such as character development and character interactions. Overall I enjoyed the show since it was so different than anything else I had seen, and I also liked the real (not, its an anime so get over it) take on what would actually happen in the situation found in the anime. Shinji didn't bother me too much, and neither did his father(although he is a jerk) and the story is very well paced. This makes for a show that gets a pass from me , and while I didn't watch the second movie yet, I still think the show was very well done and so it gets a pass from me (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment